I’ve made many spinach salads, but this Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Greek Yogurt Poppy Seed Dressing is definitely in a league of its own.
STRAWBERRY AVOCADO SPINACH SALAD
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE SALAD:
- 12 ounces baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 pint strawberries, cut into thin slices
- 1–2 ripe avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid. Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine. Alternatively, whisk until completely blended. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 5 days.
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the spinach, strawberries, avocado, toasted pecans, and goat cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve, or serve with the dressing on the side.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Host the Toast