Shout out to Oakland’s own Chef Lemont for this week’s low-carb, protein packed recipe. This delicious Crab Salad is easy to make and perfect served over lettuce, cucumber chips, or on crackers.
Chef Lemont’s Crab Salad
- 1 lb Jumbo Lump Crab meat (remove shell or cartilage)
- ½ lb Claw Crab meat (remove shells or cartilage)
- 1 celery stalk (peeled and diced)
- 4-6 finely sliced fresh green onions
- 1 tsp minced fresh dill
- ½ Fresno Chile (1/8-inch diced)
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- I tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Garlic Aioli Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup Mayonnaise (option to substitute fat-free Greek yogurt)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, toss together crab meat, celery, green onions, and dill.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Mayonnaise (or Greek Yogurt) minced garlic, lemon juice.
- Add the Aioli to the crab meat mixture and stir until just coated. Salad should be slightly moist, but not too dry.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add in Fresno chile to taste and for some spice!
Great with cucumber slices, butter lettuce leaves, crackers or toasted crostini.