It’s Zucchini and Tomato season!
This week, one of my gracious clients gifted me with an abundance of them from her garden. What a perfect time to make this Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp.
(Recipe and photo courtesy of Closet Cooking)
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodle Pasta
with Taco Lime Grilled Shrimp
10 minutes | Marinate: 20 minutes | Cook: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup lime juice (approx 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound cherry/grape tomatoes
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into noodles
- 2 cups creamy avocado and tomatillo sauce (see below)
- Marinate the shrimp in a mixture of taco seasoning, lime juice and oil for 20 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Roast the tomatoes in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat until the tomatoes are charred and tender but still juicy, about 5-10 minutes.
- Lightly saute the zucchini noodles in a pan over medium heat until just tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss the zucchini noodles, avocado sauce, roasted tomatoes and grilled shrimp and enjoy!
and Tomatillo Sauce
- 2 medium tomatillos
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- salt to taste
- Broil the tomatillo, jalapeno and onion until slightly charred and blackened on sides, about 5-10 minutes.
- Puree everything in a food processor and season with salt to taste.