What is YOUR favorite fall/winter soup?
As temperatures outside continue to drop, our bodies naturally seek warmth. Warm your body from the inside out with this creamy, comforting Butternut Squash Apple Soup.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH APPLE SOUP
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup apple peeled, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Add all ingredients to a large pot, or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender.
- Taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary.
Credits: Photo and recipe courtesy of Kylee Cooks