Wondering what to do with leftover Easter eggs? Try these delicious avocado deviled eggs! This recipe replaces the mayonnaise, used in traditional deviled eggs, with avocado, giving you a major nutrient boost. The egg and avocado make an excellent combo, providing healthy fats, fiber, minerals, and vitamins.
AVOCADO DEVILED EGGS
Serving Size: 2 Egg Halves Makes 6 Servings
• 6 large eggs
• 1 avocado
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 2 green onions, diced
• Smoked paprika (optional)
1. Place the eggs in a pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil. Turn off the heat as soon as the water begins to boil. Cover for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, run the eggs under cold water.
2. When the eggs have fully cooled, peel off the egg shells.
3. Cut in half, lengthwise. Remove the egg yolks and place them in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the avocado, lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mash together.
4. Fill each egg white with the avocado mixture.
5. Top with green onions and sprinkle with smoked paprika (optional)